Skip to main content

October and God's Choice


So October came and went so fast that it was crazy. It seemed like only summer when were getting everything together for the SPS think in Vegas, but here it was that day pasted so fast. Not to mention the night some of didn't want it to end! Although we left now being able to put a face to that person we had been talking to over the computer we left with even stronger friendships. Here are some of the picture from dinner
 
 
 






 


 








 
Like I said that day came and went so far and I'm glad people got to hang out afterwards. I on the other hand had to come back home.

So I started Physical and Occupational therapy since then and I'd like to think I'm doing pretty good. I've had little set backs but nothing major. Although I'm pretty sure I've aggravated every muscle in my body. I have my up and down days just like everyone else, but thank God I have my mom with me. She always tells me..." When you have a bad I understand everyone does, but when you have a GOOD day enjoy because we all know they don't come to often!" See God always has a plan I like to think. Let me explain in a little more detail...

God's handy work!

After my first semester in the University my mom quit her job with the school district and went to work at a new local hospital. After a few long months working under some unbearable lady she quit there too. Which came around mid of my second year first semester at school in San Antonio. Any how with this change she was able to commute back and forth each time I got sick and was in the hospital. Till finally I was totally dependent on someone and of course just like GOD planned it my mom was able to do so with having to ask for days off. She got me ready every morning, took me to school, waiting at school sometimes in the car because she wanted to give me my privacy while at school, and then took me to whatever doctor, physical and occupational therapy, and sometimes back to school. See if she had taken the job she was offered after the one she had in the hospital she would have never been able to move up to San Antonio with me. She packed her bags left my dad and brother in Laredo to take care of me till I finished up the semester and I was able to do more for my self. We left every weekend to be back with my dad and brother, but came early Monday morning so I could be in class by 9:00am.

Although I had a good two years in remission due to IVIG and high dose prednisone, when I got worst again she was right there to take my hand to continue physical therapy, because by this time I was seeing this new Neuro that wanted me in pt five times a week, stretching, walking on the off weighted device, and just moving because was just to hard for my mom to do it alone in Laredo.
And now that I have a different Neuro I'm back in San Antonio with treatments, doctors appt., therapy, and anything else they might throw at us.

We've been through it all not just my mom and me but my dad and brother, and now sister-in-law and baby nephew! The best part of all this which you might be thinking there's a best part my family stuck together my dad never questioned my mom, never said no, and my brother was the same my sister-in-law and now my nephew. See we didn't divided or my parents didn't get a divorce if anything our family of four grew to five and now six. See in my eyes God had his hand in this many family would have thrown in the towel or I'd be stuck in a nursing home, but no my family has never left my side in fact they are what keep me together. God doesn't give you what you can't handle, and sometimes I think he gave us this challenge for a reason...
And that reason will come when it does it might be sooner then later!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stiff Person Syndrome Awareness!

My friends with SPS raising AWARENESS!                         MY friends without SPS raising awareness!                                                                                  And Me...                                      

Weekly check up

So was made it to my physical therapy this morning knowing that right afterwards I had my check up with nurse practitioner, but when I got there they decided it would be best to see her before that way she could see how the new medication was affecting me if it was. Either way we went she decided to start me back on tizanadine every 2 hours, occupational therapy, aquatic therapy, and message therapy. HA there is only so much that can be done in three day I guess we are going to have to find a way to stay either longer or figure out a way to make it all the things I've got to do. Now I've got to see her every week for a check up until my doctor appointment with my neuro. YAY! Well not really if you didn't catch my sarcasm... I've got this crazy idea that maybe I need a break. I need to spend a lot of time on my homework and studies, and staying in San Antonio doing all these things keeps me away from all of it. I constantly have to explain to my teachers why my assignmen

Stiff Person Syndrome T-shirts

I'm Hi guys here is where you can place your Stiff Person Syndrome T-shirt order. Thank you for helping raise awareness that way we can be SEEN and HEARD about this RARE  disease. It might just be the push to get help we need to get doctors understand it better, and maybe start doing more research for all of us!  Each T-shirt is $20.00  I'm using the flat rate boxes to make is easier to sort out and fast to get them out to those who order. So for 1 T-shirt it's $5.80 extra for shipping, because only one of them fits. Anything more then 1 T-shirt is $12.35 and with here you order as many T-shirts as you like.  These prices are only for the U.S. people placing orders anyone who want one from another country can email my person account at vanessa.rmz.88@gmail.com If a mistake is made in the order please return the T-shirt and I'll give you a full refund on your shipping and send you the right T-shirt.  Also read about make whatever kind of donation you can