Skip to main content

Where I am today...

A lot has happened since I've wrote last... see I've came and went to the Mayo Clinic with more question and no answers. So I've decided that my journey with the Mayo Clinic is over.

And now I'm losing faith with the doctors I have...

See things don't seem to add up anymore, and the one person who was trying to put things together is no longer at the faculty I was in. Although we still keep in touch and is helping me get though somethings.

SO as of now I got to physical therapy is three times a week and that is if they have availability since the main pt left. They try to fit me in as much as possible, and have me stay there as long as I can in order to try to get back to where I was before. Although to tell you the truth all this madness going on with the doctors and medication has just made things worst.

To start off since I came back my medication dosage has dropped drastically. See before I was on:

Tizandine 4mg every 2-4 hrs.
Baclofen 40mg twice 4x a day
Valium 7mg at night and morning as needed
and Hydrocodon as needed for pain.

This was just for my spasms see I take other medication for my other conditions.

Any how the medication for my spasms I'm taking now are:

Tizandine 4mg in the morning and 8mg in the evening
Baclofen 20mg in the morning and 40mg in the evening
Valium 10mg at night and as needed if needed
and Hydrocodon really only as needed and its forced.

See the difference?!

Well I went to see the doctor last week and she mention how I looked like I was out of it. Well that wasn't the word she used it was more like distant. Let me ask you this if you were in pain and your muscle were contracting and cramping all the time would you seem a bit distant?! So her conclusion was to place me on antidepressant.

I was upset because she doesn't understand that the reason I was like that was because of the pain and it hurt so bad, but there is no reasoning with her. She told my mom she was going to call my neuro to speak with her and see which medication would be best to put me on. Finally this morning the nurse called and said they had decided to put me on a medication for depression.

She also mention that my neuro wants to try a baclofen pump, which now after speaking to a few people I've decided to do it. I mean it worth a try and can always be taken off if it doesn't work. I thank God I've got people that help me advocate my own disease well at least the fact that they have given me the courage to do so.

So yes that is where I am today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stiff Person Syndrome Awareness!

My friends with SPS raising AWARENESS!                         MY friends without SPS raising awareness!                                                                                  And Me...                                      

Weekly check up

So was made it to my physical therapy this morning knowing that right afterwards I had my check up with nurse practitioner, but when I got there they decided it would be best to see her before that way she could see how the new medication was affecting me if it was. Either way we went she decided to start me back on tizanadine every 2 hours, occupational therapy, aquatic therapy, and message therapy. HA there is only so much that can be done in three day I guess we are going to have to find a way to stay either longer or figure out a way to make it all the things I've got to do. Now I've got to see her every week for a check up until my doctor appointment with my neuro. YAY! Well not really if you didn't catch my sarcasm... I've got this crazy idea that maybe I need a break. I need to spend a lot of time on my homework and studies, and staying in San Antonio doing all these things keeps me away from all of it. I constantly have to explain to my teachers why my assignmen

Stiff Person Syndrome T-shirts

I'm Hi guys here is where you can place your Stiff Person Syndrome T-shirt order. Thank you for helping raise awareness that way we can be SEEN and HEARD about this RARE  disease. It might just be the push to get help we need to get doctors understand it better, and maybe start doing more research for all of us!  Each T-shirt is $20.00  I'm using the flat rate boxes to make is easier to sort out and fast to get them out to those who order. So for 1 T-shirt it's $5.80 extra for shipping, because only one of them fits. Anything more then 1 T-shirt is $12.35 and with here you order as many T-shirts as you like.  These prices are only for the U.S. people placing orders anyone who want one from another country can email my person account at vanessa.rmz.88@gmail.com If a mistake is made in the order please return the T-shirt and I'll give you a full refund on your shipping and send you the right T-shirt.  Also read about make whatever kind of donation you can