Skip to main content

Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy... Check!

Now comes the topic of PT and OT from before...

This all happened in 2011 to 2012...

Yes I was no longer at physical therapy in Dr. G. clinic because it was only for her patients, but once a week I attend what was called Wellness kinda like gym membership at Dr. G. clinic and get therapy from them in order to use the off weighted device I did that till I could. So off I went back to where I was before at Out Patient Rehab for Baptist Hospital. I was going to PT and OT at the out patient clinic from the hospital where they made things fun and I was able to joke around with them, but still get my work done till I couldn't and I'll tell you why in a minute. For now I'll tell you what I was doing I was getting better slowly, not a big difference from the last place because this place didn't have the off weighted device.

Let me clarify something before I go on at Dr. G's clinic the Physical therapist there was amazing I can't complain. She and her staff made my time there go by fast it also was fun in another level. See she knew my straight and my weaknesses, which gave her a better understand of how to go one with my treatment. We played soccer, basketball, and sometimes just threw a ball around with the intention of me catching it. While at the hospital clinic since I wasn't able to stand and walk around I was limited in the games I could play. So they well I should say she as well because I mostly stayed with same physical therapist during my time there came up with different activities I could do for example weights on my legs and pulling someone around in a circle in their clinic. They were both equally fun to be around.

I would go back and forth sometimes with my progress, but then again who doesn't with SPS. Not to mention I made it was hard for them, because at the beginning of that summer I was diagnoses with AVN, which is short of Avascular necrosis of the hip, and that was no bueno. I could not put pressure on hip which meant no stand exercises. Yeah a whole hour of stretching was what they wanted for three months... Yeah they weren't going for that I had to do something I couldn't use the off weighted device anymore, because I wasn't with Dr. G's clinic anymore I was at the other place I was limited in what I was able to do. They figured it out and I was able to work out with them till I couldn't anymore and well that's next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stiff Person Syndrome Awareness!

My friends with SPS raising AWARENESS!                         MY friends without SPS raising awareness!                                                                                  And Me...                                      

Weekly check up

So was made it to my physical therapy this morning knowing that right afterwards I had my check up with nurse practitioner, but when I got there they decided it would be best to see her before that way she could see how the new medication was affecting me if it was. Either way we went she decided to start me back on tizanadine every 2 hours, occupational therapy, aquatic therapy, and message therapy. HA there is only so much that can be done in three day I guess we are going to have to find a way to stay either longer or figure out a way to make it all the things I've got to do. Now I've got to see her every week for a check up until my doctor appointment with my neuro. YAY! Well not really if you didn't catch my sarcasm... I've got this crazy idea that maybe I need a break. I need to spend a lot of time on my homework and studies, and staying in San Antonio doing all these things keeps me away from all of it. I constantly have to explain to my teachers why my assignmen

Stiff Person Syndrome T-shirts

I'm Hi guys here is where you can place your Stiff Person Syndrome T-shirt order. Thank you for helping raise awareness that way we can be SEEN and HEARD about this RARE  disease. It might just be the push to get help we need to get doctors understand it better, and maybe start doing more research for all of us!  Each T-shirt is $20.00  I'm using the flat rate boxes to make is easier to sort out and fast to get them out to those who order. So for 1 T-shirt it's $5.80 extra for shipping, because only one of them fits. Anything more then 1 T-shirt is $12.35 and with here you order as many T-shirts as you like.  These prices are only for the U.S. people placing orders anyone who want one from another country can email my person account at vanessa.rmz.88@gmail.com If a mistake is made in the order please return the T-shirt and I'll give you a full refund on your shipping and send you the right T-shirt.  Also read about make whatever kind of donation you can