Skip to main content

Heart Problems... usually means Cardiac Ablation! not happy about it, but... Check

During PT and OT I'd get my vital check and once in a while I'd have my heart rate a little high and some times a little low. Not to mention my blood pressure that was just dang right LOW sometimes and couldn't do crap. That wasn't until one day I'm rolling myself into the clinic and I get my pulse check and it's in the 160s HOLY CRAP they all just look at me and tell me how do I feel I'm like fine nothings wrong why? They show me the monitor I'm like well I feel fine... Right away they are like no we can't work out your going to get sick I'm like guys really I'm fine...NOPE they start calling every doctor they can first my Cardio nothing no answer he is busy, next Dr. C. my asthma doc she's like if she feels fine go for it, they are still not convinced they call my PCP Dr. B. total trip killer!!! NO to high needs to rest I look at my mom I'm like dude that's all I've been doing all day resting! At this point I'm like making deals with them if it lower to this number then we can do something yeah nada! Yeah while there my Cardio Doc finally graces us with his call GO STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL! OMG even bigger TRIP KILLER! Although by that time it had dropped back to what was like 120s 130s. Doc says it's fine no hospital but no PT neither! So I went home waited for the next day that I had an emergency appt. scheduled with the Cardio Doc and we go though the motions again an other cardio ablation surgery. By this time I was like really again and he was like yeah again, "not to mention this is your second one which means third one and it's a pacemaker baby for you." He really does talk that way. I was like OK fine I'll take it slow yeah slow meant no PT or OT because we tried that day and the following day and my heart was just not taking it. A week later I have an appt. with the neuro we tell her what happened and she's like um yeah I don't like the idea of you having surgery right now, so she calls Dr. G. up and they come up with a plan. MEDICATIONS!!! You would think me going YES yeah NO! Have you ever been on heart medications they SUCK really they do and to make things worst they weren't working, so they just keep adding and adding till they couldn't anymore. By this time I was on the medication three times the dose and another medication.

This time I had it I had my appt. scheduled with my Cardio and he said, "Sorry baby but I have to operate" I'm like OK get me off this junk! but my mom like aways is back seat talking she wanted all the doctors involved neuro, lungs, pcp everyone! He's like ok and since my neuro nor my pcp had privileges in that hospital he got a team together to let the doctors know at all time what was going on. The day finally came surgery didn't go to well they told my parents it would only take one hour yeah more like five! I woke up in ICU with tubes coming out from everywhere and again couldn't move my legs.This time the doctors were smart when I woke up they put me back to sleep till it was time to untied my legs. By this time the nurse was no longer giving medication to sedate me just my normal medication. I was having trouble breathing and was 10 litters of oxygen using an o2 mask all was going good till night time came. Oh how that night time can creep up on you like that...

My parents had left since I was in ICU I told them I'd be fine what better place to be then there where I'm being watch by nurses the whole time. Well I want to say it was around midnight when they first started full on spasms head to toe and it lasted long although this time I couldn't remember what happened. Once I came back the nurse asked me if I had a seizure disorder I told her no I've been tested and nothing came out so they took it as a spasms. Little did I know of what was really going on, but that's next... So through out the night I keep with these spasms attacks they called my neuro and she just said push Valium and once she reaches the limit and they continue give her Ativant. Well that's what they did, but during one of those spasm attacks my IV lines got pulled out. They were trying to find a way to give me my medications I was starting to come throw when they were deciding how to put in a line if I continued to have these spasms I pull down my gown get the nurse's hand and have her touch my chest. It was my medi port she asked why they hadn't used it this morning I told them I asked but they said no they need to use my veins for the surgery that's why I had to IV lines coming from each arm. She gets her supplies and finally use the port I no longer need IV lines in my arms, and they had permission from the doctor if I needed another line to put in. They put in my port and it turns out the nurse knew my infusion nurses too she was like what a small world I'm like tell me about it. Finally the port is in and so is all these medication that could only mean one thing I was out... Yeah right you wish something was really wrong because it was one after another the nurses were killing themselves not to mention I couldn't be left alone. After was seem forever they finally settled down, but now there was another problem I was out of it I swear Willy Wonka was in my room. Oh well at least I wasn't stiff from all the lovely medication neither it's what I like to call Nirvana the one time I feel like I can do something, which sometimes I find myself trying to walk even though I can't. Any ways I slept for what seemed forever, but was only an hour my Cardio Doc walks in and tells me he wants to keep me one more night but in the set down unit. I'm here thinking to myself if I didn't make it one night in ICU what's going to happen when I'm not being watched 24/7 and my mom is not allowed to stay YEAH NO! He said fine as long as the other doctors said it was fine. I was like what the big deal they aren't my doctors they are going to surf and turf me, or even worst call my Doc and send me to her... Yeah no they we're very willing to just let me go I was like cool this was easy. See ya heart Doc in a week!

So here I go all confident "Hey I wasn't told how the surgery went so I'm ready to get off all these meds and go on with life!" Yeah didn't work out that way remember how I said the surgery lastest five hour it was because the doctor wasn't able to get the heart rate down to a normal range the lowest was 80. Really DOC 80?! He had already told all this to my mom and appently me too, but yeah I was watching Willy Wonka walk up and down the hall. So yeah not much memory of what he said beside you want to stay one more night?! He goes on to tell me that he is going to take me off one med, I took this one four times a day so YAY!, but I still had to stay on the steroid and another heart med called Verapemil I think that's what it's called. I also had to wait another month to see him to get the all clear because he wanted to make sure those meds were working and maybe just maybe I can go and be free! Well it worked those two meds combine have lowered my heart rate and I haven't felt like my heart is going 180 anymore. My new normal is between 80 to 120 not to bad Doc! Not to bad...

I have a follow up with him in June and hopefully no changes!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stiff Person Syndrome Awareness!

My friends with SPS raising AWARENESS!                         MY friends without SPS raising awareness!                                                                                  And Me...                                      

Weekly check up

So was made it to my physical therapy this morning knowing that right afterwards I had my check up with nurse practitioner, but when I got there they decided it would be best to see her before that way she could see how the new medication was affecting me if it was. Either way we went she decided to start me back on tizanadine every 2 hours, occupational therapy, aquatic therapy, and message therapy. HA there is only so much that can be done in three day I guess we are going to have to find a way to stay either longer or figure out a way to make it all the things I've got to do. Now I've got to see her every week for a check up until my doctor appointment with my neuro. YAY! Well not really if you didn't catch my sarcasm... I've got this crazy idea that maybe I need a break. I need to spend a lot of time on my homework and studies, and staying in San Antonio doing all these things keeps me away from all of it. I constantly have to explain to my teachers why my assignmen

Stiff Person Syndrome T-shirts

I'm Hi guys here is where you can place your Stiff Person Syndrome T-shirt order. Thank you for helping raise awareness that way we can be SEEN and HEARD about this RARE  disease. It might just be the push to get help we need to get doctors understand it better, and maybe start doing more research for all of us!  Each T-shirt is $20.00  I'm using the flat rate boxes to make is easier to sort out and fast to get them out to those who order. So for 1 T-shirt it's $5.80 extra for shipping, because only one of them fits. Anything more then 1 T-shirt is $12.35 and with here you order as many T-shirts as you like.  These prices are only for the U.S. people placing orders anyone who want one from another country can email my person account at vanessa.rmz.88@gmail.com If a mistake is made in the order please return the T-shirt and I'll give you a full refund on your shipping and send you the right T-shirt.  Also read about make whatever kind of donation you can